After 17 seasons, Out in Harmony’s director is moving across the country. We are looking for the right person to lead us into our next chapter.
Formed in 1990, Out in Harmony is Vancouver’s Gay, Bi, Trans, Queer, Lesbian & Friends’ Choir. We are a non-auditioned group of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, and supportive straight individuals who are proud of who we are, both as individuals and as a choir. We sing in harmony, and we live in harmony as people from all walks of life. We are a group that truly welcomes all, regardless of financial or physical restrictions. We are a group that embraces diversity and celebrates community. For more about us, see outinharmony.org
We rehearse in East Vancouver from 7:30 – 9:30 on Tuesday evenings. We hold two concerts a year (January and June), twice-yearly weekend intensives, and occasional community outreach performances.
- Programming and music selection that align with the choir’s mission
- Leading rehearsals and performances
- Working closely with the board of directors (including attending monthly meetings) and concert planning team
- Understanding of LGBTQ+ community, including a diverse range of gender identities and voices, and the importance of creating an inclusive and supportive space
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong musicianship (post secondary musical training or equivalent)
- Choral experience
- Patience and sense of humour
Conducting experience is preferred, but finding the right fit is our highest priority.
This is a part-time, independent contractor position. Pay is negotiable, depending on experience.
Due to the complications of the COVID-19 pandemic, the start date is to be determined.
Please send a cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com .
We will be accepting applications until the position is filled. (updated July 17, 2020)